Earlier this year, President Obama announced that HUD will lower its FHA mortgage insurance premiums by 50 basis points, from 1.35 percent to .85 percent, effective Jan. 26. This move will make it easier for hundreds of thousands of home buyers to get a mortgage and provide greater access to homeownership for historically underserved groups and credit-worthy families. On a $300,000 loan, that could mean a savings of $1,500 a year.
The annual mortgage insurance premium for most FHA transactions has been reduced. What does this mean for you?
· Monthly savings: borrowers can purchase a home with the lowest possible total monthly mortgage payment. For those with an LTV greater than 95% or high credit scores, FHA financing will provide a lower total monthly mortgage payment than conventional loans with private mortgage insurance.
· Repeat homebuyers are eligible for high LTV financing: conventional loans with private mortgage insurance restrict LTVs greater than 95% to first-time homebuyers. Alternatively, FHA financing is available for first-time homebuyers and repeat principal-residence purchasers with LTVs up to 96.5%.
· Qualify more buyers : A lower total monthly mortgage payment results in a lower DTI ratio, potentially allowing more borrowers to qualify for mortgage financing.
· Afford more home: You may be able to purchase a more expensive property without increasing their total monthly mortgage payment.
· Refinance savings: Clients who have recently purchased a home with FHA financing may be eligible to refinance their mortgage and lower their total monthly mortgage payment for immediate savings.
This is great news for homebuyers! Call us for more information!
Remember to follow our Blog at: https://therealestatebeat.wordpress.com/
Got Questions? – The Caton Team is here to help.
Email Sabrina & Susan at: Info@TheCatonTeam.com
Call us at: 650-568-5522
Want Real Estate Info on the Go? Download our FREE Real Estate App: http://thecatonteam.com/mobileapp
Visit our Website at: http://thecatonteam.com/
VISIT OUR NEW INSTAGRAM PAGE: http://instagram.com/thecatonteam
Visit us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sabrina-Susan-The-Caton-Team-Realtors/294970377834
Connect with us professionally at LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=6588013&trk=tab_pro
Please enjoy my personal journey through homeownership at:
Thanks for reading – Sabrina
The Caton Team – Susan & Sabrina – A Family of Realtors
Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices – Drysdale Properties
Sabrina BRE# 01413526 / Susan BRE #01238225 / Team BRE# 70000218/ Office BRE #01499008